Drive ’18 Lending Conference — It’s a Wrap!
To gain a true advantage in today’s ultra-competitive, ever-changing lending marketplace, credit unions need to embrace (and implement) new strategies and solutions that effectively drive member loans, better engage members and improve loyalty, better manage risk, and ultimately grow portfolios.
At CU Direct’s recent Drive ’18 Conference, which took place deep in the heart of Texas, at the renowned Gaylord Texan Resort, credit unions had an opportunity to discover how to “up the ante” on the competition. Successfully delivering on the event’s theme and goal, the conference provided 500 attendees with an ideal setting to gain new insight and perspectives on winning in today’s lending arena, with a focused eye on the future.
Raising the bar: keys to building stronger, more profitable lending portfolios and increased market share
For two decades, the nation’s most recognized credit union lending event, DRIVE has delivered the latest industry thinking and perspectives on the lending marketplace. Over the years, the conference has covered the industry’s most pressing hot topics and issues.
This year, the conference did a deep dive on the lending strategies and drivers, efficiencies, and best practices that are key to building stronger, more profitable lending portfolios and to reaching more members. From innovation, emerging technologies, market growth, and digital marketing, to member experience, state of the automotive landscape, business intelligence, and portfolio management strategies, attendees were immersed in the latest approaches, methods and tools to maximize their lending performance.
The event’s extensive line-up of speakers was a who’s-who of high-profile business and industry leaders, innovators, visionaries and marketplace experts, providing critical insight to the industry’s latest issues and trends affecting all aspects of lending and member engagement:
• Nicholas Web, world-renowned corporate strategist, innovator, and best-selling author
• Lee Wetherington, Director of Strategic Insight for Jack Henry & Associates and renowned speaker
• Elliot Eisenberg, Ph.D., nationally acclaimed economist, renowned public speaker, and syndicated columnist
• Nancy Giordano, Founder/CEO of Play Big Inc., is recognized as one of the world’s top futurists
• George Hoffheimer, Chief Knowledge Officer, Filene Research Institute
• Paul Metrey, Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, NADA
• Melinda Zabritski, Senior Director of Financial Solutions, Experian
• Bryn C. Conway, Principal, BC Strategies
• Zhaib Rahim, Manager, Economics & Industry Insights, Cox Automotive
Recognizing the 2018 Best Practice Award Winners
In what has become an annual highlight during the DRIVE Lending Conference over the last two decades, CU Direct presented its Best Practice Awards during the event’s awards dinner, acknowledging credit unions’ accomplishments in 2017.
With a capacity crowd on hand, the awards dinner recognized four credit unions for their exemplary lending practices and success in the areas of lending, innovation and dealer engagement in 2017.
CU Direct’s 2018 Best Practice Award winning credit unions are:
• Innovation in Lending: Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
• Excellence in Indirect Lending: UW Credit Union
• Excellence in Direct Lending: Vantage West Credit Union
• Excellence in Dealer Engagement: BECU
“We want to congratulate each of our winning credit unions for their outstanding success in the lending marketplace in 2017,” stated Tony Boutelle, president and CEO of CU Direct. “We greatly appreciate the hard work and dedication our credit union partners put into their lending programs.”
Congratulations to each of this year’s award-winning credit unions!
CU Direct’s 2019 Drive Conference takes place May 14-16, 2019 at the Cosmopolitan Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. Be sure to mark your calendars, and we look forward to seeing you there!